Booking Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. WHEN YOU MAKE A HOLIDAY RESERVATION REQUEST WITH US (WHETHER BY E-MAIL, TELEPHONE POST OR IN PERSON AT OUR OFFICES), THESE CONDITIONS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY YOU.
Tenerife Lettings 59 The Garstons, Great Bookham, Surrey KT23 3DT, England (the Agent) arranges bookings of holiday accommodation (The Property) as agent for holidaymakers (the Holidaymaker). The Agent does not own all of the properties and therefore the use of the Property may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the owner of each property ('the Property Owner").
HOLIDAY CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT
- Upon the Agent issuing a holiday confirmation form for the Property to the Holidaymaker as Agent for the Property Owner, a binding contract shall exist between the Holidaymaker and the Agent subject to these booking conditions.
- A Tenerife Lettings holiday confirmation statement will be issued to the holidaymaker upon receipt by the agent of the required deposit/payment.
- Bookings made within 10 weeks of commencement of the holiday require full payment to be made.
- Any charges raised against the Agent by its bank for handling dishonored cheques, bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the Holiday maker to the Agent within 7 Days of the Agents request to do so.
- The Agent reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- The Agent reserves the right to correct any error in both advertised and confirmed prices.
CHANGES BY THE HOLIDAYMAKER
Immediately upon receipt of the holiday confirmation from the Agent, The Holidaymaker should check the details and notify the Agent immediately of any correction as soon as possible. The Agent reserves the right to charge a holiday booking amendment fee to administer/correct any error by the Holidaymaker.
CANCELLATION BY THE HOLIDAYMAKER
- The Holidaymaker should notify the Agent immediately and in writing of any intention to cancel the holiday booking. The cancellation only takes effect when the Agent has received written confirmation from the Holidaymaker.
- To compensate us for the expense of processing your booking and at the risk that we may not be able to resell the holiday, we charge a cancellation fee as set out in the table below.
|Period before scheduled departure within which written notification is received.
||Amount of cancellation charge shown as % of total holiday price excluding any key, breakages or security deposits.
|More than 70 days
All holidaymakers are recommended to take independent advice on the appropriate holiday insurance.
- Holiday cancellation insurance is not provided by the Agent or the Property Owner and is not included in the price of the holiday.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY THE AGENT
- In the event of the Agent being unable to arrange the holiday accommodation requested by the Holidaymaker, or if the Property booked by the Holidaymaker becomes unavailable for whatever reason, the Agent will endeavor to arrange alternative accommodation for the Holidaymaker of an equivalent type and standard in a similar location, failing which all monies paid by the Holidaymaker will be refunded. The agent will then have no further liability to the Holidaymaker in that respect.
- Neither the Agent nor the Property Owner is liable for the additional cost alternative accommodation which must be paid by the Holidaymaker.
- If the offer of alternative accommodation is not accepted by the Holidaymaker within 7 days, a refund of all monies paid will be given by the Agent.
WEB SITE ACCURACY
Whilst to the best of the Agent's knowledge the details relating to any property described in the Website were correct at the time of publishing, the Agent reserves the right to make alterations to the website at any time and shall endeavour to inform the Holidaymaker of any such significant alterations. The Agent cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions mentioned in the website. Neither the Agent nor the Property Owner is liable for any failure in internet, telephone service, satellite or cable television that is advertised as a facility. Every effort will be made to restore such services in the event of failure.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HOLIDAYMAKER
During the period of the holiday, the Holidaymaker undertakes the following:
- That the number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated on the booking form. If it does the Property Owner/caretaker, Agent or their representatives can refuse to allow the Holidaymaker to take possession of the Property or make the Holidaymaker leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens the Agent shall treat the holiday as being cancelled by the Holidaymaker and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim against the Agent for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- That the property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by the Holidaymaker and his party;
- To show due consideration for other parties. If the Holidaymaker abuses the Property or displays dangerous, offensive or rude behavior to the Property Owner/caretaker or any third parties (e.g. neighbours), the Property Owner/caretaker has the right to ask the Holidaymaker to leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens the Agent shall treat the holiday as being cancelled by the Holidaymaker and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim against the Agent for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- To allow the Agent/Property Owner or their representatives access to the Property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday. Where possible prior notification will be given.
- To keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the property is left in the same state of order in which it was found. The holidaymaker is not expected to clean the property but all rubbish should be disposed of in the appropriate receptacles as set out in the notes and instructions for each property. The Agent reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning (over and above that normally required) as a result of the property being left in an unsatisfactory condition after the Holidaymakers occupancy and for any consequential loss.
- To report as soon as possible to the Agent or our representative any breakages or damage caused by the Holidaymaker during the holiday and to reimburse the Agent with the cost of replacement. The Agent or Property Owner reserves the right to make a claim against the Holidaymaker for repair or loss as a result of damage caused
- To notify all other members of the Holidaymakers party of these conditions;
- To obey the arrival and departure times as instructed for each property unless prior arrangement has been agreed with the Agent or his representative.
- The Holidaymakers vehicles and their contents and the Holidaymakers personal belongs are left at the Property during (and after) the period of the holiday entirely at the risk of the Holidaymaker;
- The Holidaymaker must not (without the express permission of the Agent allow any person other than guests booked and staying in the Property for their holiday to use the facilities and amenities of the Property.
- Any keys that need to be returned by post should be sent by insured post and sent in a secure padded envelope as any item lost in transit is the responsibility of the client and would result in forfeiture of the key deposit.
- Pets are only allowed at those properties that are advertised as allowing pet/pets. If a Holidaymaker takes a pet to a property that does not allow them or exceeds the stated number/size or pet the Agent/Property owner/caretaker can refuse to allow the Holidaymaker to take possession of the Property or make the Holidaymaker leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens the Agent shall treat the holiday as being canceled by the Holidaymaker and the holidaymaker shall have no claim against the Agent for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- The Holidaymaker is liable for all damage caused by his/her pets. The Holidaymaker should remove all traces (inside and out) from the property of a pet's occupation before final departure. The Agent/Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the Holidaymakers occupancy.
- The Holidaymaker must not allow pets on beds or furniture within the property.
- Pets must not be left alone in the Property at any time.
- If the Holidaymaker breaks these conditions, the Agent/Property Owner/caretaker has the right to ask the Holidaymaker to desist. If the Holidaymaker fails to do so the Property Owner can take the action described in (a) above.
- The Agent or Property Owner shall have no liability to the Holidaymaker for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused to the Holidaymaker or to the Holidaymakers personal property (or to persons in the Holidaymakers party or their personal property) during their stay at the Property except to the extent such loss, damage or injury is caused by the negligence or willful default of the Property Owner.
- The Agent gives no warranty and is not responsible for the accuracy or otherwise of any information or representations given verbally by its servants or agents.
COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts, all personal and other information and details collected by the Agent in the course of its business as a holiday booking agency, belongs to the Agent and will not be disclosed-except as necessary to the Property Owner/caretaker when confirmation of holidays booked at a Property is given.
- If a Holidaymaker or other individual wishes to be removed from Tenerife Lettings mailing list, they should contact Tenerife Lettings by telephone or e-mail.
- Telephone calls between the Agent and the Holidaymaker may be monitored or recorded by the Agent for training purposes.
In the unlikely event the Holidaymaker may have cause for dissatisfaction, this must first be make known to the local representative for that particular property as soon as possible. The Holidaymakers contract for the use and the occupation of the Property for the holiday is with the Agent who will assist in trying to resolve the complaint.
No liability can be accepted and no compensation will be paid by the Agent or the Property Owner, where the Holidaymaker or his personal property (and/or any person in the Holidaymakers party and/or their personal property) suffer any loss, damage, injury, disappointment, inconvenience or otherwise, or where the performance or prompt performance of any obligations by the Agent or the Property Owner are prevented or affected, by "force majeure".
In this contract "force majeure" means any event which the Agent or the Property Owner could not have foreseen or avoided including war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of international borders, disease, non-availability of transport services, interruption to services/utilities and all similar events outside the control of the Agent or the Property Owner.
All contractual obligations arising out of these conditions shall be subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.